Client, is the leader in UPI based payments in India. Our goal is to make digital payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. Client started in 2015 and has achieved many milestones in the last 3 years and is rightly - India's Payments App- .
Area Sales Manager
Job brief :
This role is focused on driving PhonePe acceptance and building the brand in the country. He/she will also be responsible for building a strong relationship with the DSAs and sales executives. He/she must be a people person focused on driving key people to garner results. This role will entail developing of keen and sharp understanding of local merchant/customer needs and hence drive PhonePe transactions based on both, the brand positioning and local requirements. The role also requires an efficient leader who monitors the operations and hence ensures efficiency in execution at any point in time.
- Direct Reports: 10+ Territory Sales Managers, Sales support executive
- Indirect Reports: 100+ Off roll sales team
- Setting up & driving the team to reach acquisition and Transaction targets and goals
- Develop and drive sales and service efficiencies
- Put in place processes and metrics for tracking progress to the plan and setup review mechanisms with all stakeholders.
- Setting up and driving the team to achieve active merchant targets through servicing them effectively
- Ensuring effective deployments, training and farming of merchants acquired
- Plan, assess & implement monetization avenues
- Monitor competitive activity in key accounts and ensure appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented
- Keep a close watch on competition. Share best practices internally
- Contributions in the areas of leadership development, employee engagement,organization development, and capacity building
- Work with internal stakeholders including Marketing, CS.
- Experience: 5-8 years of relevant experience in sales/business development
- We are looking to fast paced performers who have excelled in their career and come from the best of academic background
- Confidence and determination that he or she can influence events
- Fluent communication and ability to manage situations on the ground
- Should have managed larger teams on ground
- Focused and possess sales mindset
- Team Leader with objective approach towards goal setting and monitoring
- Ability to get things done and influence others
- Analytical frame of mind & a go getter attitude
Sales, Business Development