ReNew Power, established in 2011, is the largest renewable energy IPP in India in terms of total energy generation capacity (Source: CRISIL Report) *. Since commencing operations with a 25.2 MW wind project in Jasdan, Gujarat, the company has grown exponentially, and has a current renewable asset base of over 6 GW, of which 4 GW+ is operational. ReNew Power develops, builds, owns and operates utility scale wind and solar energy projects as well as distributed solar energy projects that generate energy for commercial and industrial customers. It today operates more than 100 utility scale projects spread across 8 states in India, generating 1% of India’s total electricity and helping to mitigate 0.5% of India’s total carbon emissions. In 7 years of its operation, ReNew projects have generated almost 40,000 jobs, directly and indirectly.
ReNew has a strong track record of organic and inorganic growth; it was the first company in its domain to reach 1 GW of commissioned capacity and has nearly doubled its operational capacity in each of the last three Fiscal Years. We have achieved market leadership in the Indian renewable energy industry against the backdrop of the GoI’s policies to promote growth of this sector.
ReNew Power’s mission is to play a pivotal role in meeting India’s growing energy needs in an efficient, sustainable and socially responsible manner. The company creates value through reliable and efficient generation of non-conventional power through innovation in solar and wind power solutions. ReNew Power is backed by marquee investors from across the globe such as Goldman Sachs, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, JERA (a joint venture between two of Japan’s largest utilities companies, Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc. and Chubu Electric Power Co.), Global Environment Fund, and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
1. Conduct detailed technical reviews and independent assessments of mechanical part (for Gearbox/
Bearing/ Damping systems/ Hydraulics and cooling systems/ Lubrication/ Load Test/ Solar mounting
structure, etc.) & documentation including:
a. Preparation of technical specifications for mechanical items
b. Validate Design calculations of WTG load and studies
c. Vibration Analysis
d. Tests Documentation
e. Lubrication and Oil Analysis
f. Load test mechanism study and implementation, if required
g. Hydraulics and cooling system
h. Gear box hands-on experience
2. Conduct critical inspections of projects (for WTG/ Solar mechanical items, etc.) to verify compliance
a. Audit plans and specifications, methodologies & rectification reports
b. Design Checklists to be adhered to during maintenance
c. Evaluation and root cause analyses of generator or any mechanical failures and recommending
suitable remedial measures
d. Facilitate process improvement and documentations
3. Conduct the technical audits.
4. Responsible for providing technical support of wind turbine generator operations at facilities.
5. Facilitating technical change instructions.
6. Providing training on WTG Operation team.
7. Performing root cause investigations and creating new procedures for repair and replacement activities.
8. Worked with field engineers by identifying component failures, providing support and researching
solutions to prevent breakdown.
1. Education: B.E. / M.E. in Mechanical
a. Minimum 8-12 years of Mechanical engineering
b. Experience with wind sensors and control systems
c. Experience with low speed rotating machinery
d. Experience with wind generator and gear box cooling systems
e. Experience with lubrication and oil analysis
f. Experience with vibration analysis
g. Knowledge of IS Standards
1. Effectiveness and accuracy of mechanical part design specifications
2. Periodic Audits for mechanical part of wind project to ensure quality assurance
3. Evaluation and root cause analysis of generator, gear box cooling system, blade and suggesting
suitable remedial measures
4. Support to O&M teams for technical issues resolution