A global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence offerings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce. Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are it's 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
• This role is very similar to a DevOps role, and you will own the production, test and staging environments
• You will design and implement monitoring solutions using advanced tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, Cloudwatch etc.
• Execute technical operations including Monitoring, Automation, Network, Cloud, Security, Release Management, Reliability Engineering.
• Support the operational environment that provides the company client facing applications and meets the requirements of service availability and recoverability.
• Organize and facilitate outage event management activities including outage status communication, problem determination activities and root cause analysis.
• Capture and reporting of application availability metrics.
• Coordinating, planning and performing application deployments
• Development of automated application deployment scripts
• Work closely with Engineering & Product teams to be aligned with Business
• Demonstrate Ownership and accountability
• Demonstrate leadership and drive the team to achieve goals
• Ability to work as a team and individually for troubleshooting/investigating problems
• Ability to coordinate with Infrastructure support teams and get things done
• Ready for onsite travel for knowledge transfer or related activities
• 4-6 years relevant experience in Product/Application Support L2 level
• Platforms – Linux and Windows
• Extensive experience working on technologies such as IIS, Jboss/WildFly & Apache Tomcat
• Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Splunk. Grafana, Prometheus
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Hands on knowledge of tools such as Ansible, DeployIT, GIT
• Knowledge of writing scripts, any scripting language would be preferred (PowerShell, python, shell)