It is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers.
Role: Controlling and Planning CoE Hub Lead
Reports To: Global Hub Lead
Direct Reports: 125
Role: To manage and lead a Controlling and Planning Center of Expertise (C&P CoE) Hub in line with Group standards and best practices and ensuring continuous process improvement in controlling processes, development and implementation of strategic plans for C&P CoE.
• Education requirements
• (Minimum) Masters Degree in Finance and Accounting or Business administration
• Chartered Account or Cost / Management Accountant or CPA, will be preferred
• LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt Certification will be an added advantage
12-15 years of experience in Finance and Controlling
• Strong skills and expertise in the respective process area and technical (IT) perspective
• Very good understanding of Business set-up and interconnections
• Ability to interact, lead and own global projects and programs in C&P area
• Ability to manage teams in a high performance organization with demonstrated ability to support a variety of business and customers
• Excellent communication, partnering and advocating skills, capability to drive change management
• Good problem solving and analytical skills as well as proven ability to prioritize tasks
• Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives to an agreed budget and timelines, focus on details and good analytical skills
• Ability to provide direction for process excellence, standardization and optimization initiatives
• Technical skills
• Proficient SAP FICO, MS Office and understanding of C&P tools and systems
• Understanding of end-to-end process and data flows across organisation at business and finance side
Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
• C&P CoE Strategy and Management
• Defines, contributes to or implements strategic plan for the Controlling and Planning CoE within own customer (Hub) scope.
• Relevant strategic areas/processes include:
• Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Factory & Product Controlling, Project Controlling – business analytical services to the business, based on customer requirements. Automated tools/reports design, implementation and maintenance. Semi-automated and manual analytical services, and one-off (ad-hoc) analytical output.
• Cost Accounting – overall responsibility for financial Cost Accounting, including product standard costing, maintenance and absorption analysis.
• Reporting and Legal entity controlling – legal and non-legal entity controlling, governance and assurance. Cost control and allocation models.
• Systems and Master Data Governance – charts of account, Business Warehouse tools.
• Functional Controlling – controlling, budgeting, cost control, charging mechanisms, tax compliance and Business Partnering within respective Function
• Special Projects within the controlling area
• Degree of responsibility of Strategic planning (define, contribute or implement) depending on area of responsibility and significance (Global/ regional/ country/ team)
• Coordinates preparation of Controlling and Planning CoE Hub budgets and takes the responsibility for proper cost governance within given frames.
• Responsible for continuously drive efficiency gains within own managerial area (for the Hub)
• Guides, motivates, develops and set targets for own direct or indirect staff