Leading company in FMCG
Leading company in FMCG
Introduction to the Role
The Area Sales Manager achieves and exceeds value and volume sales and 4P objectives through an efficient and effective sales force within the budget, time and policy parameters. As an Area Sales Manager , you’ll have the freedom to plan & execute all local initiatives for the territory that drive outperformance and contribute to the overall growth for the organization.
The Area Sales Manager interacts continuously with the Marketing, Trade Marketing, Key Accounts, Finance and Supply teams. Externally the role holder interacts with the distributors, wholesalers, retailers, stock holders and third-party contractors.
Scope and Dimension of the Role
An Area Sales Manager trains and motivates his team of TSIs and ASEs to implement plans as per agreed levels
He/She sets up systems to monitor implementation and give appropriate feedback.
The role holder is responsible for planning town wise coverage on the basis of their population, profile, number of outlets, business potential etc.
The incumbent is also tasked with forecasting at a brand/stock level every month with respect to each SKU.
You’ll succeed as an Area Sales Manager with continuous and rigorous focus on below (but not limited to) KPIs:
• Achieve monthly primary and secondary value sales target of the area for the entire product range
• Forecast requirements of TSIs’ basic growth/geographical areas and ensure timely recruitment in accordance with the company policy and maintain full strength of TSI/DBSR at all times
• Set annual targets for all team members, distributors and for each product on the basis of trends and seasonality and communicate appropriately
• Appraise periodically the performance of each TSI against set standards of performance
• Plan town wise coverage basis their population, profile, number of outlets, business potentials etc.
• Ensure proper planning of area coverage plans & PJP’s, their implementation of systematic coverage of the territory
• Prepare distribution targets for all brands for all TSIs and ensure communication
• Train TSIs and DBSRs on driving distribution growths as per the plan, identify obstacles and develop innovative solutions to overcome them
• Negotiate after necessary approvals, with distributors for services and investment in stock levels and market credits
• Develop systems to ensure timely settlements of distributor claims, timely delivery of stocks, and ensure proper service to the distributor to his satisfaction
• Monitor constantly stock, sales and market credit of distributors/ super stockists and take corrective actions if and as required, to ensure that the business is healthy
• Monitor competitive activities in the market place and assess their impact on our business. Develop appropriate plans (in consultations with ZSM) immediately to counter such activities to minimize the impact on our business
• Monitor utilization of trade spends and evaluates their effectiveness. Ensure that they are within budgets
• Meet all deadlines of reporting schedules to ZSM/ RM and ensure they are timely and accurate
• Forecast brand wise/ SKU wise sales within accuracy norms every month on a rolling basis for three months to ensure optimum stocks at the CFAs
• Organize timely preparation, submission and settlement of all distributor claims/ trade schemes/ damage stocks/ shortages/ final settlement etc.
Qualification – MBA (Sales and Marketing)
2. 0-3 years of experience in a FMCG environment
3. Strong knowledge of field sales and trade marketing
An American multinational technology company founded in 1989; The company specializes in GPS tech...
The company produces electronic charts for the leisure boating market. They make innovative marin...
Opportunity with a US based Electrical and Electronics Manufacturing Company for Bangalore Locati...
A Leading Capital Equipment/ Heavy Equipment Manufacturing Company Job Title : Plant Head - Capit...
It is a US based consulting, analytics and technology services organization. It provides End-to-E...
Leading corporation that engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and service of semiconduc...
Opportunity with leading Management Consulting Firms CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Take respo...
Leading Semi conductor company Primary Responsibilities: • Controlled implementation of changes t...
Hiring for a global business process outsourcing services organization, provides business process...
Leading Financial Services Company Responsibilities • Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle o...
Hiring for an IT services company based in Bangalore, India. The company provides infrastructure ...