We are Hiring for the one of US based consulting, analytics and technology services firm incorporated in 2011. Head quartered out of New Jersey with 2500+ employees based globally out of the offices in New Jersey, California, Gurgaon, Pune, Bangalore, and Chennai. As a Firm they have been helping their clients achieve competitive advantage through End-to-End Digital Transformation and work across Financial Services, Telecom, Life Science & Healthcare and Product Engineering sectors. They uniqueness lies in bringing together strong engineering, data science and design capabilities with deep domain understanding, and blurring the boundaries between services and products to maximize business impact from emerging technologies.
The Product Owner is singly and crucially responsible for shepherding the product vision through build cycles to launch. The mission for this role is to translate high level product requirements into a beautiful backlog that clearly communicates product purpose, vision, and value as well as holding the standard for the ideal “done done” state, at the ticket, epic, and version level. In order to accomplish this mission, the Product Owner must be oriented to solving problems and finding solutions, identifying the path to success, and remaining optimistic in the face of ambiguity and complexity. This role requires living the Company/ Product values to get it done, be real, be inclusive, and be our best.
● Create user stories and epics that are detailed, written from a User Persona/Use Case perspective, with clear acceptance criteria. Every calorie that the engineering team uses to write software should be ticketed, planned, and pointed, with acceptance criteria that describes the end state, and must be included in the right epic and version.
● Validate user stories with your assigned Product Manager to ensure the product goals will be met
● Create a timeline for delivery by following established estimation practices
● 100% PO acceptance of stories as “done done” before release to production
● Be the voice of the business on the scrum team. Be able to contextualize the work, to describe why it’s important, to articulate the problems it will solve, and to align the team to the product vision.
● Surface risks along with a plan of action to mitigate the risks as they arise.
● Collaborate in the Scrum process, including running backlog refinement and ensure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint
● Work with Engineering on the bug triage process, assessing impact, ensuring clear communication, customer impact, etc.
● Ensure that Scrum team deliverables meet agreed-upon standards for quality and non-functional requirements, and that the products meet the stated business need
5+ years of experience in SCRUM and Agile SDLC leading a team in the product owner capacity on a SaaS product
● Proven project management experience, with a project management certification (PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or other)
● Proven ability to learn from customer discovery and apply the learning to story creation
● Proven experience shipping new software, from conception to market launch
● A Bachelor’s degree (CS, Economics, Business, or other relevant major) or equivalent experience
● Ability to translate functional requirements to technical audiences, and technical complexity to business audiences