Leading Financial services company that offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2+ million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in multiple locations, their clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers, and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Senior Cloud Architect
Purpose of the Role
In this role you will be principally responsible for cloud architecture on a Cloud Transformation initiative. With an eye towards advancing the global cloud strategy whilst progressing the Cloud Transitiion, you will be defining architecture technical standards, understanding and mitigating risks of public cloud adoption, and supporting our people in learning about and adopting cloud. You will be supporting solution and technical architects in the region in defining cloud solutions and ensuring they are aligned to company standards and principles.
• Define technical standards and best practices for cloud architecture which reflect Company’s strategies, policies, and risk appetite.
•Support solution and technical architects in building secure and reliable applications on public cloud aligned with the organization’s Cloud Eco-System.
• Coordinate closely with Cloud Operations to align “landing zone” design and engineering with EA standards and strategies.
• Provide guidance and guidelines on assessing applications’ viability for cloud and cloud adoption disposition.
• Identify, document, and mitigate key risks in adopting and operating on public cloud.
• Ensure that solutions adhere to current and emerging regulatory requirements, audit control points, and align with standards.
• Work alongside the Head of Cloud Architecture to create compelling explainer materials that drive the adoption of Cloud.
• Lead discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, costs, project management, and risk mitigation.
• Work closely with solution teams to review and provide feedback on cloud designs.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Excellent collaboration and engagement skills to connect with, lead, and empower architects.
• AWS Solution Architect with extensive experience designing cloud native solutions on AWS -
Professional level Certification preferred. Additional experience with Azure based system ideal
but not mandatory.
• Deep experience in defining formal EA technical standards.
• Demonstrated experience of cloud migration methodologies
• Practical experience of DevSecOps on cloud.
• Experience of providing technical and delivery leadership to engineers and developers to ensure solution designs are consistent with a strategic architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentations.
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated experience influence across
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Ability to identify and define requirements for a cloud-based application, including clear non-functional requirements.
• Experience with deploying hybrid systems with on-premises and public cloud components