is one of the largest publicly held insurance providers in the United States. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada. Ranked No. 70 in the 2020 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue, owns and operates 18 companies around the United States, Canada and India It serves as a strategic business services arm for the enterprise and operates under the Corporation's 'Good Hands' promise
• Plan and conduct user research, employing the best mix of methods for the research questions that need to be addressed. Methods can include interviews, surveys, heuristic reviews, usability testing, and more.
• Analyze results and report back to your team with consumable, actionable insights and recommendations, aligning your team on the most important problems to solve and providing a forum to collaboratively turn insights into action.
• Practice a lean research mindset and strong partnership with cross-functional team members, making research effective and impactful within rapid product development processes
• Be an advocate for our users, and help others do the same by bringing them into the research process
• Enable and upskill non-UX Research team members to learn and adopt UX Research skills
• Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to turn questions and assumptions into clear research goals
• Continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, mentoring others (or being mentored) in UX design methodologies
This job does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• 3 or more years of relevant experience within a research function required.
• Demonstrated experience practicing a variety of UX research methods such as in-depth interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, surveys, heuristic reviews
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Science, or related field
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Proficient in planning and executing a variety of UX research methods
• Able to pull together qualitative and quantitative data, from primary and secondary research, to tell compelling stories and drive insight-driven decision making
• Creative problem solver – when faced with challenging constraints, develop novel ways to approach research questions, conduct research, and co-design insight-driven solutions with design partners
• Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to quickly build rapport, establish credibility, and work collaboratively with peers, managers and stakeholders across disciplines and levels
• Comfortable applying research within a variety of design methodologies and processes (Agile, Lean UX, etc.)
• Able to train peers and broader team members in proper research techniques
• Experience with usability and analytical software (e.g., UserZoom, DScout, Qualtrics, Adobe Analytics)