It offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a
privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, they think generationally and invest for the long term.
This role is for an experienced AP/SAP to work within the Digital Product development team. The successful candidate will be expected to work on development projects to enhance existing, and develop new, presentation services, centred on J2EE in a WebSphere environment. As such, the role requires a high level of flexibility and the commitment to deliver within the overall project timelines. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential to communicate effectively and appropriately to both business users and systems colleagues at all levels.
The role requires close working with colleagues in the UK offices, and the candidate may be required to work UK business hours sometimes. On occasions the candidate may also be required to work extended hours/weekends to cover changes and release implementations, for example. This role would perfectly suit a dynamic individual looking to work in a fast paced environment to ensure the smooth running of business critical systems.
• Work with delivery architects to reach the best solution to problems
• Ensure development quality standards are met
• Own and deliver technically sound solutions for the assigned project (s)
• Provide regular updates and reporting to project managers
• Highlight risks and issues in a prompt and timely manner and give clear and concise details of resolutions
• Interact with customers to understand their problems and provide solutions.
• Produce technical documentation as necessary
• Assist team members where needed
• Ownership of problems from first notification through to resolution
• Impact Analysis for any changes required
• Identify problem areas and escalate where necessary
• Explore new technologies and processes to improve efficiency and robustness in deliverablesExperience and qualifications
• BE / B-Tech / MCA
• 3- 7 Years of Experience
Essential Skills (Mandatory Skills)
• Experience in Core Java and J2EE development preferably in WebSphere 7/8/Liberty profile.
• Experience of designing and implementing Web Services (SOAP, REST, WS-*)
• Extensive knowledge of design patterns and applicability in real world
• Extensive knowledge of spring-based frameworks and tools
• Experience in Cloud based architecture
• Eye for slick performing code
• Experience of using source code management tools, e.g. Clearcase / SVN
• Extensive experience in any of sort of continuous integration environment.
• Good knowledge of UNIX, Shell Scripting, Ant, udeploy (or similar)
• Teamcity, Crucible, Sonar, Fitnesse, Maven
• Good understanding of Development Methodologies like “Test Driven Development”
• Appreciate the business principles involved in a project
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to think laterally, an enquiring mind with good analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Display a flexible attitude; be able to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
• Exposure to the Finance industry would be an advantage.
• Strong interest and willingness to understand the Mutual Funds Business.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Willingness to work UK business hours (though occasionally)
• Strong interest in Technology and its applications.
• Team Player.