The organization offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations.
This role is for a seasoned technology expert who is highly skilled in Python, DevOps, Programming concepts, Engineering and problem-solving skills. Working Knowledge of Front-end tools and Database technology is essential. They can deliver value to business faster and with superlative quality at the same time create a developer-centric Ecosystem. Their code and designs meet business, technical, non-functional and operational requirements most of the times without defects and incidents.
Having a sound knowledge of how the system with large data volumes and scalable/robust system with zero tolerance to error will be an advantage
So, if relentless focus and drive towards technical and engineering excellence along with adding value to business excites you, this is absolutely a role for you. If doing technical discussions and whiteboarding with peers excites you and doing pair programming and code reviews adds fuel to your tank, come we are looking for you.
What is expected from you?
• Designing and developing efficient and reliable data pipelines, batch processes
• Expertise in Python is essential.
• Working knowledge on Front End Technologies like Angular/ React/Node JS will be desirable.
• Working knowledge on DB technologies (preferably Oracle) will be desirable.
• Experience in setting up and using CI/CD pipelines will be desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud based workflow management solutions like AWS Step Functions or Apache Airflow is good to have.
• Exposure to Cloud based Data warehouse like Snowflake is good to have.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies in a Data Engineering environment
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations
• Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decision
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Desirable Skills / Experience
• Proficiency in Python - experience in writing complex Python classes
• Oracle DB or any other RDBMS
• Front End tech (Angular/React/NodeJS)
• Working knowledge of Micro services Architrecture, API based Integration & Distribution
• Network distributed architectures
• Working DevOps experience