It ffers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.52 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $710.2 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
The main functions of this department are Code Management, Application Builds, Application releases and Environment Support for non-production environment on various projects developed inside Fidelity for Retail business area. The resources are primarily responsible for handling release management and environment support (from release perspective) for various projects on Java and NodeJS platform. The candidate will be involved with the development teams in planning and managing releases and solving issues surrounding the same by co-ordinating with various support teams.
The role will involve working closely with development teams in India and UK. In order to provide support and services to customers, the successful candidate will be required to work UK or India business hours. Additional support outside these hours is also required (including some weekend working)
• Provide services to development teams for iSeries deployment along with assistance on associated issues and queries on a daily basis.
• Co-ordinate and release applications across various testing and production environments.
• Maintaining tools/automation associated with iSeries deployments.
• Participating in Implementation Planning, Release management and co-ordination.
• Ensure the integrity of software deliverables.
• Ensure that changes made are made in secured and controlled fashion during all stages of SDLC.
• Ensuring adherence to release governance process, change control and software configuration management processes promoting and supporting
Experience and Qualifications
Necessary Skills are:
• At least 2-4 years of extensive experience on Java platforms (including scripting)
• Good experience on Source Control preferably GIT, Maven, node, Jenkins /Bamboo and Urban Code deploy.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Configuration Management methodologies, principles, practises and tools [GIT administration]
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Release Implementation process during life cycle of project bring innovative solutions to the table adhering to ITIL release guidelines.
• Experience of working within an Agile development environment
• Experience of working on Windows 2000 / Windows XP Environment.
• Any Database experience.
Preferable Skills are:
• A good team worker and leader.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate activities.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines on a regular basis.
• Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs (Flexible) and learning new skills quickly.
• Good written and oral communications skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business groups.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Preferably from a support background with strong application build and deployment experience.
• Exposure to Configuration Management practices and a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Maven 3, Bitbucket, Jenkins and UDeploy .
• A deep passion for technology and a love of learning new concepts.
• Able to take a creative approach to situations and problem solving.
• Desire to do things the right way whilst remaining delivery focused
• Good interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to interact professionally with people at all levels.
• Excellent team player