Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada.
The role of a Scrum Master is to guide and coach all stakeholders and participants involved with a scrum
delivery ensuring the scrum ceremonies are executed correctly and that team lives by the values and
practices of scrum and agile.
The Scrum Master will protect and develop their scrum team ensuring that impediments to progress are
removed while proactively collaborating with product owners and other contributors to understand
thoroughly the backlog items, sprint and release objectives and the activities / dependencies required to
deliver the agreed potentially shippable product increment / sprint deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Nurture self-organizing, high performing teams across geographic locations through servant
leadership and mentoring
• Guide new and existing teams through the ‘Forming, Norming, Storming and Performing’ stages
to reach and maintain ‘High Performing’ status
• Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and
• Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
• Willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team
dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame,
retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Proactively ensures that the development process is enabled by scrum/agile practices
• Assessing Maturity of the scrum team; coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace
that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Agile Scrum
• Kanban and SAFe would be beneficial
• Leardership abilities
• Communication Abilities
• Shift Timings: 1 PM- 9:30 PM (IST)