Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada.
• Ability to work well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
• Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment
• Maintain a user-centred approach in design perspective and practice
• Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
• Ability to manage senior project stakeholders (internal & client) to help shape, define and manage ongoing expectations throughout the product lifecyclcle
• Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies and expert skill with UX tools.
• Experience in developing rapid prototypes.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
• Open to feedback and engages in active listening. Will actively collaborate with others even if they are not in the same team
• Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements across a suite of Products.
• Demonstrate ability to design with broader cross-product applicability.
• Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand.
• Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes.
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
• Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
• Ability to design & envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment without overly obsessing about getting it right the first time
• Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals.
• Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques and incorporate industry best practices
• Helps product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
• Shepard product decisions through user research, user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
• Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and analysis
• Create a functioning live deliverable/working code that will replace heavy and unusable documentation
• Isn’t afraid to make daily product decisions with the product manager and developers
• Leverages data-driven & analytical to drive decisions
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors preferred.
• Proficiency in at least two of the following UX disciplines: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design or Front-end development.
• Has at least 5 years of experience designing full-service consumer or business applications.
• Solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders, at any level.
• Open to feedback and engages in active listening to improve the practice of product design.
• Have an interest in innovation and continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated experience planning and selecting the optimal research method for a given project
• Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing techniques
• Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends, UserZoom, Morae and other usability and analytical software tools
• Experience using Lean UX methodology is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of tools like Invision App, Sketch, Zeplin, and animation tools like Framer/Pixate is desired.
8 - 12 years
1 - 9:30 pm