Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993 but still partially owned by Sears, until it became completely an independent company in June 1995.
• Build and Manage technical and functional Product Roadmaps for companies Dealer Services team
• Participate in PI Planning meeting and collaborate with Product Owner to prioritize capabilities and features
• Provide technical mentoring & direction to the team of engineers (working with global stakeholders) by thorough understanding of the current platform and application architecture & aligning the team effort to the business / platform direction. The person should be quality and data savvy to be able to provide clear, crisp measures of delivery and insight to the higher management on potential issues/risks working with them for resolution. He / She should ensure that all delivery parameters are met & all the key global and local stakeholders are managed well.
• Drive engineering excellence within team through usage of methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Refactoring, Code reviews and walk throughs along with Unit Test Coverage
• Continuously improve delivery acceleration & team skills by constantly challenging status quo, improving processes, incorporating reusability etc. Manage adherence to processes, coding & design standards, quality standards, audits etc.
• Anticipate, manage, and resolve any issues/ roadblocks/ bottlenecks to ensure successful delivery of capabilities; Identify, classify, prioritize, mitigate and develop contingency plans for risks for sprint deliverables
• Facilitate the team’s progress by periodically taking up capability building sessions for the team members, playing an important role in enhancing their technical skills and keeping the team focused on the goals of the project
• Drive resolution for business unit impacting outages while guiding the team through the incident
• Delivery Management, Program Management, Stakeholder Management,
• Strong hands-on experience in ,NET Technology stack particularly .NET Core, React JS, C#, Microservices
• Strong understanding of logging and monitoring tools and frameworks such as Log4J, Data Dog, Splunk, Kibana amongst others
• Strong experience in Continuous Build and Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins, GitHub and Maven
• Strong experience of SAFe Agile development in distributed teams as well as thorough understanding of Testing methodologies & frameworks inclusive of test automation.
• Strong team building and mentoring skills to serve as technical leader for coaching and mentoring team of Application developers, senior developers and leads
• Excellent stakeholder management skills. Work on the ground with local team, PO, SM and program stakeholders for successful delivery
• Minimum 15+ years of experience delivering products and Product capabilities with delivery accountability
• Strong experience on .NET Technology stack with hands-on experience on .NET Core, React JS
• Hands on delivery manager who is equally good with people management as with products & technologies & should have at least 3-4 years of experience managing development/delivery efforts in customer facing applications. The span of management of team will range between 10-15 FTEs. The individual should have engineering background and played role of technical lead or architect &moved up in the career path.
• High-energy, expert communicator to both technical and non-technical team members, brimming with positive, proactive energy
• Effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership and high performance in the team you lead
• Independent thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Data-driven decision maker who blends sound business judgment with strong analytical thinking
• Incredibly focused and attentive to detail, even while working in a very fast-paced environment
• Able to prioritize tasks for yourself and others, plus remain productive while balancing multiple projects (Awesome at task prioritization, organization, and problem solving)
• Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker
13:00 PM - 21:30 PM (Monday thru Friday)
Manager expected to join ECC calls when required irrespective of time of day and provide oversight for any activities scheduled for weekend