The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and Investor Relations is a key role on the finance team responsible for leading the corporate budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, and financial analysis used for key decision making and strategy building across the company. This position will also be responsible for communicating these strategies and financials to the investors and building relationships with the investment community.
What you will learn and contribute to:
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Leads corporate budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, and financial analysis that support key decision-making across the Company.
• Evaluates business and industry trends and provides insightful analysis and recommendations that help drive business activities toward achieving financial goals.
• Develop a deep understanding of the logistics industry and key customer platforms and programs that can help inform business decisions that will drive long term revenue growth.
• Develops and prepares reports that assist in the implementation of goals, policies, and procedures relating to the financial performance of the Company.
• Develops and manages the measurement of key KPIs and metrics to track the operational performance of each business.
• Analyzes budget to actuals with various leaders and department heads.
• Manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting processes.
• Oversees the work of the FP&A team; works closely with other accounting/finance team members, business partners, and leaders across the organization.
• Quarterly reporting matters including Board / Audit Committee submissions.
• Preparation of quarterly earnings presentations, peers/competition performance summary report
• Communicates the Company’s strategies and financials to existing/target/potential investors
• Builds relationships with the investment community. Develop the investor targeting strategy through research, prioritization and building a pipeline of new investors.
• Synthesizes investor feedback, sentiment, and questions; helps frame potential responses and/or disclosures.
• Provide business, financial and market intelligence by identifying industry trends, shareholder concerns and competitor actions that might impact the company.
• Collaborates with CFO, CEO, and various other key players as needed, to develop and communicate key messaging regarding financials and strategy.
• Organizes investor conferences and meetings, including preparing schedule, coordinating logistics, and developing commentary and presentation.
• Monitors peer/competitor/industry-related earnings calls, presentations, and media commentary; compare financial performance/positioning relative to peers, relay highlights to CFO and CEO, and assess messaging opportunities.
• Maintain investor CRM database with details from meetings/calls conducted.
• Manages and coordinates Company financial press releases.
• Produces quarterly and annual shareholder reports.
• Subject Matter Expertise: Deep knowledge of financial statements, strong understanding of the financial community, modeling, and the stock market.
• Project Management: Can create and manage projects with specific timelines.
• Communication Skills: Excellent communication, presentation, and reporting skills with the ability to interact at all levels and across functions within the organization.
• Adaptability: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse
individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and
opinions across all levels to build alignment in support of a common goal.
• Data Analysis: Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify trends and discern root cause from data sets.
• Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values