Who is MasterCard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Pro-active lead to support MasterCard business and privacy teams to ensure MasterCard’s compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Understand complex global privacy and data protection law requirements, and apply them to MasterCard business, products and services and processes in the context of supplier management.
• Actively work with Global Sourcing and MasterCard business to gather supplier information in order to assist with identification of supplier privacy risk, handle periodic review and develop and maintain appropriate processes to retrieve the necessary information.
• Identify, analyse and determine whether suppliers are sub-processors as defined in the GDPR and update new supplier and sub-processor information published on MasterCard Connect.
• Update relevant records of processing with the new supplier/sub-processor information in adherence with established MasterCard’s applicable policies, processes and procedures.
• Support MasterCard business teams by clarifying and/or providing answer to their privacy questions pertaining to suppliers.
• Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
All about You
• LLB graduate;
• Strong privacy and data protection interest plus vendor risk management interest, required.
• Legal experience in privacy and data protection a plus, interactive technology, digital marketing or data driven products/services preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of GDPR requirements, a plus.
• Experience on vendor risk management monitoring, a plus.
• Excellent legal and business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Positive and energetic leadership skills with focus on efficiency.
• Team building skills to efficiently perform required tasks in coordination with different MasterCard Business Teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity.
• Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on: a) Collaborating with relevant Business teams to facilitate their input required for the update of the List; b) Coordination of your role activities and reporting of issues identified to MasterCard’s Privacy Team.
• Ability to recognize when to escalate issues and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion.
• Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
• Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems a plus
Specialist, Legal Services
The GBSC (Global Business Services Centre) is the shared services organization for MasterCard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law, Franchise and Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the MasterCard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you enjoy solving problems to facilitate Business teams’ compliance with legal requirements?
• Are you good and enjoy the analysis of information in detail?
• Are you passionate about tasks involving that in addition to your work also involve that you lead and coordinate the input that is required from different business teams which are located in different jurisdictions?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.