About the Role:
- The role would be responsible for managing and growing Online Entertainment & Gaming category.
- The platform facilitates consumer transactions across all major use cases in the online space and there is a big merchant acceptance network which has been created in a very short timeframe. Entertainment & Gaming is one of the fastest growing business categories in the online space, it is imperative to drive sustainable growth and differentiation and this role would be responsible for accomplishment of this objective.
- This role would involve dealing with senior stakeholders with India's largest entertainment merchant. In addition, this is a functional leadership role which would also be responsible for contributing to broader online strategy.
Key Responsibilities :
- Designing the category strategy and laying out long term, annual and monthly plans for the category
- Accountable for all business metrics of the category along with all key inputs which would drive the business
Growth and development initiatives: Responsible for growth and development initiatives across all merchant segments and for drawing out the consumer and merchant adoption plan and work with various stakeholders to operationalize the plans
Solutions Roadmap for the Category: Understanding the category's dynamics and build out a solutions roadmap for the category basis the same
- This would need one to have strong product/solutioning orientation and abilities to work with internal product and engineering teams to accomplish this objective
P&L Management :
- Responsible for category's top-line and revenues
- Budgeting for spends under different cost heads at a monthly/annual level
- Plan, track and optimize these spends on a consistent basis
- This role requires one to interface with multiple internal stakeholders like Product teams, Marketing teams, Merchant Acquisition teams, Merchant servicing teams, Operations teams etc. One should really be comfortable working with multiple cross functional teams to steer the business priorities
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- 4-6 years of experience in handling category management roles preferably with Entertainment & Gaming businesses in the consumer internet space
- Strong understanding of end consumers and the online merchants. The candidate must be able to translate this understanding into strategies and plans for driving consumer & merchant adoption and to drive business growth on a sustained basis
- Expertise in managing all aspects of a P&L. The candidate should be comfortable with all aspects of planning, budgeting, tracking and optimization of costs
- Strong analytical skills and data driven decision making capabilities
- Solutioning mindset. Should be able to work with Product teams seamlessly
- Relationship management needs to be a strength area. The role would involve dealing with CXO's of strategic partners and merchants in the category
- MBA from Tier-1 Institutes would be preferred: ISB/IIMs/XLRI/SP Jain/MDI/FMS or Equivalent