Company is the first Indian PVC-U Pipes manufacturer to get the coveted IS/ISO 9001:2008 certification and presently holds 9001: 2015 certification. It is synonymous with superior quality, great strength, and breakthrough innovation when it comes to PVC-U pipes and fittings. It is the largest manufacturer of PVC pipes in India and it is also recognized as one of the largest manufacturers of PVC resin in India. They have state-of-the-art manufacturing plants based out of Pune and Ratnagiri in Maharashtra and Masar in Gujarat.
Position Name: - Technical Head
Reporting to: - President – Sales and VP – Operations
Reporters:-Tech Service Assistant
Key result Areas
1) Manage end to end activities related to product development, which includes creating module development plans, overseeing preparation of bill materials, product costing and data updating in SAP system.
2) Implement and manage all maintenance functions , including but not limited to preventing, corrective and emergency planning and maintenance on all modeling equipment at all sub-contractor location.
3) Develop products , strategies and business plan for new products, watch the market , trends to develop plan that will support the sales increase establish deadline and ensure the product development process of existing approved product are on schedule.
4) Coordinate with outside vendors regarding the maintenance and repair for tool regarding equipment.
5) Review fabrication fitting and development planning
6) Perform problem solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate the continuous improvement.
7) Provide technical support to Marcom Department.
8) Provide oversight on production planning and wastage control at sub-contractor locations. Provide support to resolve major break down-etc.
9) Lead a small team of technical services team in execution of customer complaint management, work scheduling, Maintenance and in continuous improvement.
10) Provide technical support and training to all sales staff.
1) Manage the product development process from the concept phase to the post lunch, analysis phase- oversee the process of product gap analysis, review report of feasibility of new products created by the subordinates.
2) Once management approves development of new product, initiate work on tooling development process contact vendors to help in tool development. Guide subordinates on managing the tool development process. Once tooling development process is completed, initiate trial at vendor end.
3) Oversees creation of product costing based on bill of material.
4) Oversee the review process of vendor created product drawing conducted by the subordinate. Ensure strict adherence to ISI standards.
5) Oversee the maintenance of modules at sub-contractor location and manage product quality problems. Manage all production problems and ensure timely resolution for the same.
6) Oversee the creation of bill of material of new products- packing specification, packing polybag for fitting etc. Verify data as per the standard format and share with SAP Spoc to create instance in the system.
7) Coordinate resolution of customer complaint by creating the record in the system liaison with quality team to resolve the issue monitor and check closer status. For dispute liaison with legal team.
8) Coordinate with Marcom team to create the product catalog, New product brochure , sell sheet, and launch program on assigned category
9) Develop Sales Staff on quality specification of new products in collaboration with state heads and regional head.
10) Analysis customer requirements and industry trend and share proposal for new product development.
Experience: 18+ Years
Qualification: Diploma/B. Tech in Plastics/ Polymer technology/Chemicals.
Should be well communicated.