Opportunity for Devops Architect
Opportunity for Devops Architect
Devops Architect Location: Mumbai / Kolkata
Role and Responsibilities
• Work with Application Development, Information Security, Infrastructure Provisioning, and Operations team to provide fully automated build and deployment routines for development, staging, and production environments to deliver quality software solutions. • Understand the application, infrastructure and DevOps tool chain relationship; design the environment, CI/CD pipeline, and scripts.
• Provide requirements and suggestions, monitor the requirement changes, understand the complexity, plan the release execution, and guide resources to bring the successful completion of release deployment goals and objectives. Work closely with delivery and architecture teams for this.
• Work with the Project Manager and Account Manager, help develop project plans; identify development and project risks and collaborate on mitigation strategies. Assist in effort estimation and planning.
• Communicate effectively with all the stakeholders and obtain information as necessary. • Lead performance engineering and capacity planning exercises. • Mentor and guide junior members in the team.
• Responsible for implementing, and driving best practices for enterprise deployments and software development lifecycle automation.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, trends and provide inputs / recommendations to project managers as required.
• Contribute to the development and evolution of the portfolio of reference architectural strategy including development models, frameworks, reusable assets, design strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization), and apply to ongoing projects and initiatives. Use this portfolio to provide guidance to project teams regarding principles of system/application design, coding, standards and system performance. • Mentor software development teams, encourage adoptions of latest technologies, promote use of best practices and design patterns.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Education: B.E. / B. Tech / MCA • 7+ years of overall experience in information technology.
• Must have at least 3 year of experience with automation / configuration management DevOps tool and automation framework such as - like GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible.
• Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test and deploy stages.
• Must have ability to build and deploy system infrastructure in a cloud-focused environment while providing operational advice to developers when appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills: • Preferably from .net background and familiar with frontend technologies from build and deployment perspective. (CI/CD) •
Experience in application deployment tools Jenkins (CI/CD) and their strategies • Familiarity with one or more version control systems (SVN, Git)
• Expertise in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
• Must have experience in databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
• Must have experience in managing application and web services in a highly-virtualized environment. This is extremely essential for this position.
• Exposure to security concepts and best practices is required. • Must have a DevOps background.