Leading E Commerce Client
This job has been closed. You will find bellow the job description as a reminder. It is not possible to apply anymore.
Leading E Commerce Client
What We Do
Client’sprivate brands seek to provide customers with branded alternatives at comparable prices. We continue our efforts to provide value and to delight our customers.
Private Labels offer quality, affordable & aspirational products by building eco-systems and offering differentiated services for Large Appliances, furniture, etc
The Sourcing Function is responsible to work with Category & matrix functions to create long term sourcing strategy for each category/product, identify best partners for client, ensure the best value sourcing solutions and continuously work on cost improvements ensuring highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Being India’s largest online marketplace and the most used e-commerce app in India places Client in a unique position and gives this team a distinctive opportunity — to Setup the sourcing supplier base for the specific category from scratch and build robust sourcing strategy to ensure all the dimension of product selection are met
Supplier Mapping and Supplier Relationship Management
• Create a Supplier database of all potential suppliers for our needs.
• Lead RFQ’s, audits and prototyping process to create a business case for the shortlisted supplier(s)
• Responsible for presenting the final business case proposal, including risk assessment/gap analysis and plans to close these actions to the Steering Group ensuring supplier start-up decision is taken.
• Identify the clusters for supplier base and prioritize clusters - both domestic & international
• Responsible to work with Cost Break Down models for all products
• Responsible to drive cost improvement initiatives and deliver constant savings
• Benchmark cost data with the market to deliver cost improvements
• B. Tech/M. Tech/MBA
• 5-8 years of experience in the sourcing of Furniture/Lifestyle products (not limited to)
• Strong in costing and negotiation
• Willing to Travel
General Expectations from the role
• Should be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Desire and ability to think like the customer
• Ability To translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
• Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
• Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of technology and business
• Must be willing to learn
• Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
• Strong bias for Action - Client works at a very rapid pace