Our client is a global leader in sustainable, high-performance hygiene and cleaning solutions, operating in two distinct verticals: Professional, which specializes in floor care machines, cleaning tools & utensils, chemicals, and digitally enabled systems; and, Food & Beverage, which specializes in solutions that integrate chemicals, design engineering, remote data monitoring, and predictive analytics to help optimize food safety, and water and energy conservation.
Designation- Head Procurement
• Manage chemical purchase in regional (APAC) , including own and contract manufacturing locations.
• Develop effective and efficient procurement strategies for categories under management with the objective to define costs savings, mitigate cost inflation and improve payment terms, ultimately improving the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the company
• Collaborate closely with the R&D organization and manufacturing operations to coordinate portfolio changes either for savings or innovation.
• Support the region as single points of contact for the APAC Business President and the other functional leaders within the region.
• Manage on-going supplier performance to meet or exceed all metrics regarding service, performance, quality, cost and sustainability.
• Provide support to (own or contract) manufacturing locations on matters related to material shortages, quality issues, savings projects, network analysis and new product introduction.
• Bachelor’s degree - Chemistry or Commercial, Master’s degree is a plus.
• 12+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and/or other relevant commercial positions.
• Experience with strategic sourcing methodologies, structured contract negotiations and supplier performance management.
• A strong knowledge of chemistry and chemical market background is preferred.
• Experience with managing a team of professionals with different culture and backgrounds.
• Must be able to lead projects and teams effectively and drive for outstanding results.
• Ability to travel both Domestic and Internationally.