• Established in 1984, in Viareggio, Italy, the company produces electronic charts for the leisure boating market.
• Our mission is to delight our customer by producing market leading intuitive and innovative marine cartography content and features through the use of creativity, engineering excellence through market knowledge and efficient production procedures
• We want to expand as the global leader in marine content and location-based services built on innovation derived from our lifestyle appreciation, digital expertise and crowdsourcing.
• Our cartography database is the world's largest and includes oceans, seas, rivers and more than 38,000 lakes. Navionics makes this unique and valuable content available to boaters for use in GPS chartplotters, and within our app for Apple® and Android™ devices.
• Our head office is based in Viareggio, Tuscany, a lovely area easily accessible to cities of art, beaches and mountains.
• We also has offices in the U.S. in New Bedford, Massachusetts and Hyderabad, India.
• We have been comparing and combining the best of our data and technology to produce superior cartography products.
Performs and plans management and administration of technology in area of specialty. Works with team members to ensure technology is effectively supporting enterprise systems. Shares knowledge and provides mentoring to other IT associates.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another relevant field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Outstanding academics with the demonstrated ability to apply learned knowledge
• Experience with any database systems, such as MySQL, Cassandra, SQL Server, HBase, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
• Experience with technologies used by development platforms to access data such as JSON, XML, JDBC, ODBC, OLE
• Experience with technologies used for data retrieval, data transmission and data transformation such as SSIS, Spark, SQL Loader, Kafka, Data Pump, Storm
• Demonstrated ability to implement new technologies effectively
• Superior academics
• Previous experience working in a team environment