It offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term.
The successful candidate would be expected to be a part of ISS Technology QA team and would be responsible for liaising with the project managers, business analysts, development and business teams to estimate, plan and execute the various testing phases. This will involve creation and maintenance of all functional and non-functional activities including defining test strategy, defect management, reporting testing status to all the stakeholders and acting as a quality custodian for various applications under test in the GBO Technology world.
• Understand the technology stack, development approach and strategic initiatives in order to define appropriate test strategy, test approach and automation framework.
• Liaising with Business/process owners directly to develop strong understanding of the business process and system requirements
• Create well defined and reusable functional test suites for various applications and products in assigned projects
• Assisting in defining and being responsible for complying to the test standards, procedures and methodologies
• Execution of test scripts/scenarios in timely, efficient and organized way
• Reporting the test preparation and test execution progress to various stakeholders
• Conduct and actively participate in defect triage and root cause analysis meetings
• Be a good team player and share the knowledge within the team
• Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature ‘complex’ testing environment.
• Can demonstrate consistent and good judgement of assessing severity of issues.
• Run testing workshops with various stakeholders to identify test requirements. Liaise with developers, business analysts and business users to derive test case information and identify appropriate test coverage.
• Work closely with the business throughout to ensure a successful outcome of testing.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of testing standards, process, procedure and methodology.
• Manage testing of key large-scale deliveries, reporting readiness, progress, and quality metrics to the GBO management team.
• B.E./B.Tech/MBA/M.C.A/Any other Bachelors Degree.
• At least 4+ Years of experience in ETL Testing
• Understanding of API
• Good exposure to SQL and Unix
• Having experience Agile development.
• Desired to have
• Experience working on Manual testing on Front or Back office applications with asset management companies.
• Experience on enterprise language such as python or java
• Experience in writing test strategies and test plans for medium to high complex projects
• Experience in test estimation using various estimation techniques
• Understanding of automation test principles and framework
• Strong automation concepts and proven experience on multiple automation tools preferably Selenium / Test Complete
• Ability to estimate and present ROI calculation for automation initiatives
• Exposure to conflict resolution in case of contentious defects/topics with regards to quality
• Thorough understanding of test principles such as unit, smoke, functional (black box/white box), user acceptance and usability testing
• Can demonstrate consistent and good judgement of assessing severity of issues
• Hands on experience to manage the requirement traceability with the test cases
• Experience in working with multicultural and geographical diverse teams
• Ability to appropriately log defects, escalate issues and risks
• Think from a customer viewpoint and to understand the complexities of the business
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various levels of stakeholders in application delivery, QA and business groups
• Problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally, and to think with a medium term and long-term perspective
• Hands on experience in Version Control Software: SVN / GIT / Clear case etc
• Working knowledge on Project and Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Sonar Qube, Eclipse IDE, Jenkins
• Candidate must be familiar software testing techniques, test methodologies, test automation tools and frameworks
• Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature ‘time-boxed’ testing environment
• Hands on experience in building functional test automation suites for end user applications.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong team player
• Ability to work at a strategic and tactical level
• Ability to convey strong messages in a polite but firm manner
• Willingness to travel overseas at a short-notice
• Willingness to work in different time-zones if required
• Initiative in keeping abreast of changing industry practices, analysis and design methods, tools and techniques and emerging technologies.
• Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality design and development.
• Ability to develop & maintain working relationships with a number of stakeholders and testing professionals.
• Flexibility and an open attitude to change.
• Ability to learn and quickly get familiar with a complex business and technology environment.