Leading financial services firm
Leading financial services firm
• Understand, advocate and augment the principles of integration middleware strategies along with tools/technologies.
• Analyse the current state, identify opportunities, critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Accountable for developing a roadmap for the evolution of the integration middleware application based on organisation strategies such as cloud and API
Lead & Communicate
• Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
• Work with project managers and leads to direct the governance activities associated with ensuring integration architecture assurance and compliance.
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
• Working with the business unit or domain architect, analyse the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Manage and develop the architecture for a range of projects, working closely with domain architects that manage the architecture for a shared aspect of the architecture.
• Define necessary local principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
• Own and deliver technically sound solutions for the multiple Java/Cloud stack applications
• Interact with senior architects and other consultants to understand and review the technical solution and direction
• Develop, maintain and troubleshoot issues; and take a leading role in the ongoing support and enhancements of the applications
• Proactively refactor code/solution, be aggressive about tech debt identification and reduction
• Design and lead the implementation of an integration architecture across a group of specific products, business applications and technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
• Work closely with the project managers, leads to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
• Work with designers, engineers and developers in a global delivery model to ensure that low level designs are consistent with the specified architecture.
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
• 12-15 years of overall full stack (Java, Oracle/PLSQL) hands on experience of system software development, testing and maintenance
• 5+ years’ experience with cloud architecture, design principles, micro-services
• 8+ years of development experience with skills Java, REST APIs, Springboot
• 2-4 years of development experience with AWS (S3, lambda, api gateway, EC2, CloudFront, Route53, Dynamo DB, VPC, subnets)
• 2+ years of experience with NodeJs or Python
• Knowledge of API gateway (e.g. Apigee, Layer 7)
• Should be able to provide technical design and architecture independently for business solutions
• Hands on with coding and debugging. Should be able to write high quality code optimized for performance and scale
• Good understanding of infra aspects of technical solutions like storage, platform, middleware
• Should have clear understating on continuous integration, build, release, code quality
• Good understating of load balancing, disaster recovery aspects of solutions
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Good knowledge on security aspects like authentication, authorization by using open standards like oAuth
• Good analytical- problem solving skills and should be good with algorithms
Experience and Qualification:
• B.E./ B.Tech. or M.C.A. in Computer Science from a reputed University
• Total 12 to 15 years of experience with application development in Java and related frameworks
• Must have led a team of developers and senior developers
Skills – nice to have:
• AWS dev ops
• Experience with CSS, Java Script/jQuery or any other Java Script framework/library/ e.g. Angular, React
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong team player
• Ability to work at a strategic and tactical level
• Ability to convey strong messages in a polite but firm manner
• Willingness to travel overseas at a short-notice
• Willingness to work in different time-zones if required
• Initiative in keeping abreast of changing industry practices, analysis and design methods, tools and techniques and emerging technologies.
• Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality design and development.
• Ability to develop & maintain working relationships with a number of stakeholders and testing professionals.
• Flexibility and an open attitude to change.
• Problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally, and to think with a medium term and long term perspective
• Ability to learn and quickly get familiar with a complex business and technology environment.