• Ensure adherence to targets set for all process metrics.
• Provide reports, information, analysis etc., as required, in a timely and professional manner.
• Efficiently and accurately execute core procurement processes for assigned commodities.
• Monitors the cost, schedule, and quality of assigned suppliers.
• Perform root cause analysis to expedite the resolution of service issues.
• To identify, recommend, and implement operational efficiencies to drive continuous improvement in the execution of procurement processes.
• Maintain good level of relationship with suppliers as well as a strong partnership with cross functional teams.
• Interacts closely with receiving team and QA to resolve quality/ variance issues and with Finance for accounting issues
• Handing shortage parts effectively by closely working with Supplier and SBM.
• Performs a variety of purchasing functions including analyzing MRP demand and sending out RFQ’s, placing PO’s, proactively managing inventory shortages to meet Customer delivery schedules, working with suppliers to prioritize deliveries, acting as liaison between supplier and engineer with regards to troubleshooting part drawings redlines, etc.
• Responsible for procurement business systems data input and integrity
• Main contact for customer and planning expedite requests. Establishes confirmed delivery commitments for parts required for status meetings when representing NPI purchasing.
• Resolve cost holds and AP discrepancies
• Work cross-functionally with Supply Chain to hold suppliers accountable to commitments and lead times.
• Working with Engineering team on obsolete parts and closing the long aging Problem Reports.
• Scheduled weekly meeting with suppliers for discussion on Open orders, Aging PR’s, Workload allocation and Shortage/Hot parts mitigation plans.
• Parts hand off to HVM team and Buyers will make sure all the pre checks like COO, Open PR, FAIR etc.
Mandatory Skills required to perform the job:
• Proficiency in SAP (MM), MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate cross-functionally
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a desire to work as part of a team
• High energy, strong work ethic, adaptive for transactional activity, able to meet tight deadlines
• High level of customer interfacing skills, effective listener, professional and courteous.
• Manufacturing industries background with Drawing interpretation, P2P process, Global supply chain operation is preferred.
• Experience in New product development process.
• Perform root cause analysis to expedite the resolution of service issues
• Strong negotiation Skills.
• Flexible to work as per business need
• Years of Experience: Minimum 5 – 8 years
• Job Experience: Minimum 4 years working experience either in procurement, Order Management, New product development and supply chain are preferred.
• Educational: Graduation Engg (B.E-Mechanical, B.Tech) Master Degree in Supply chain.
• Willing to work in shift: Flexible to work in shift as per business need