The organization offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $608.7billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $437 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures. Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at careers.fidelityinternational.com/about-us.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
Purpose of Your Role
Portfolio Engineers focus on ensuring that client portfolios are run efficiently in line with agreed objectives in a scalable and systematic manner. Portfolio Engineers work with other Portfolio Engineers & Portfolio Managers to ensure that data driving the systematic process continue to be high quality. Additionally, they work with the development team to improve systematic tools supporting the portfolio management process. The Portfolio Engineer is also involved in reactive client queries to supporting client and Investment Director reporting needs.
As a key member of a growing team, the successful candidate will be able to influence how the Systematic portfolio management platform evolves to meet client needs. Accordingly, having an innovative approach that is open to changing how we use data in the portfolio management process to better support our clients is key to success in this role.
• Establish strong links with Fixed Income, Equity and Multi-Asset Portfolio Engineers and Managers to ensure we work towards a truly cross-asset portfolio management capability.
• Work closely with the Portfolio Engineering team and Portfolio Managers across Fixed Income, Equity and Multi-Asset to support the day to day running of client portfolios.
• Work closely with the technology team to ensure rapid resolution of data issues.
• Ensure client reporting requests are managed in a timely fashion.
• Assist in monitoring the efficacy and accuracy of the team’s quantitative portfolio management tools.
• Automation of regular manual data processing tasks and spreadsheet templates.
• Running regular portfolio monitoring and pre-trade checks. Assisting with the incorporation of these checks into the company's systems.
• Performing rigorous data quality checks using statistical techniques to ensure the robustness of model outputs.
• Improve the dissemination and visualization of model output.
• Contribute to the maintenance of high-quality code and testing.
Experience and Qualifications Required
Good data manipulation skills, very strong attention to detail, client focus and strong communication skills are key to the role. Experience and qualifications required includes:
• Graduate / Post-graduate in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.).
• 2+ years of working experience in a similar role, focused on data analysis, automation and visualization in the financial domain.
• Direct experience of working with Python in a data science context (e.g. experience of working with pandas, numpy, scipy, etc…)
• Knowledge and experience of working with data visualization tools in Python.
• Strong skills in quantitative data analysis, preferably cross asset with experience of working on large security level data sets.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with ofther MS Office tools.
• Must possess excellent ability to communicate technical issues both in writing and verbally.
• Experience of working with one or more of Fixed Income, Equity and/or Multi Asset data.
• Interest in and commitment to learn new data techniques such as those detailed in the desired experience section.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
As the position involves manipulation of data, candidates with exceptional strong data analysis skills are well suited to the role. This would include familiarity with areas such as:
• Portfolio management, portfolio construction, portfolio risk and optimization.
• Experience of working with derivativies and an understanding of the impact of leveraged securities on portfolio management.
• Knowledge of performance attribution approaches.
• Financial databases such as Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, FactSet.
• Database and query writing skills in SQL.