A Management consulting firm having specialization in Solutions for the Environment, Solutions for Reliability/Productivity, Solutions for Safety, Training Solutions, Operational Risk Management, Process Improvement, Process Hazard Analysis, Capital Projects Effectiveness, Asset Management, Operational Excellence, Innovations Management, and Strategic Sourcing.
Brief Job Description:
• Responsible for maintaining existing databases with high-availability solutions, replication,
backup, restore, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
• Configure & Monitor Performance/Storage/Memory alerts on all Production Azure Servers to
ensure high availability of data
• Strong database migration experience.
• Expertise and experience monitoring Azure workspaces, VM's, VM drives, Memory etc.
• Expertise and experience creating MS Visio diagrams as they relate to MS SQL and database
• Ensuring all hardware and software are updated.
• Assist to define data retention policies and automation.
• Estimating storage cost and defining data storage strategies.
• Work with Quality Assurance Team on issue reporting, resolution, and change control.
• Support and Troubleshooting – Assist Operations Team with any environment issues during
application deployment across Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments.
• Assist other teams and customers with troubleshooting problems that may arise from
applications or integration of various components
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field desirable.
• 5 years of Database administrator experience in Microsoft technologies
• Experience with Azure SQL in a multi-region configuration
• Azure certifications highly desired such as AZ-900, DP-300
• 2+ Years’ Experience in performing data migrations upgrades/modernizations, performance
tuning on IaaS and PaaS Managed Instance and SQL Azure
• Willing to work in US Time zone
• Experience in documenting with Microsoft Visio
• Experience with routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a databases
• Current working knowledge of database theory and design principles.
• Knowledge about the RDBMS/No SQL itself, e.g., Microsoft SQL Server or Azure cloud
• Expertise Microsoft SQL Server on VM, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL
• Experience in NOSQL Database like Cosmo DB/ Opensource Database like POSTGRESQL will be
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication in English