The organisation offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations.
Expert Engineer is a seasoned technology expert who is highly skilled in Enterprise application
development, AWS Cloud, DevOps, Containers, programming, engineering and problem-solving skills.
They can deliver value to business faster and with superlative quality at the same time create a
developer-centric Cloud Ecosystem. Their code and designs meet business, technical, non-functional and
operational requirements most of the times without defects and incidents.
So, if relentless focus and drive towards technical and engineering excellence along with adding value to
business excites you, this is absolutely a role for you. If doing technical discussions and whiteboarding
with peers excites you and doing pair programming and code reviews adds fuel to your tank, come we
are looking for you.
What is expected from you?
• Having good experience in enterprise application development primarily in Java - Spring ecosystem.
• You have excellent software designing, programming, engineering and problem-solving skills.
• Multiyear experience of developing & designing cloud native applications preferably targeted to Amazon
Web Services (AWS)
• Expertise of designing/developing applications which run on container (Docker) and systems which are
composed of such application containers
• Hands on working knowledge around EC2, Lambda, ECS/EKS, DynamoDB, VPC’s, Load Balancing,
Networking in Cloud along with the tooling understanding in Cloud Environment.
• Hands on working experience in Infrastructure automation - Cloud Formation
• You are highly skilled and efficient with web / application development technologies like java and
• Understanding of Cloud Security & Access Control.
• Experience with Docker with any orchestration engine.
• Expertise in DevOps environment which includes, CI/CD tools and implementing pipelines.
• Experience in building system using modern, secure, scalable, resilient & Cloud Native.
• Good experience around quality, documentation & engineering excellence.
• Knowledge of secure SDLC specifically with Cloud Environment.
• Ability, willingness & openness to experiment / evaluate / adopt with new technologies
• Passion for technology, engineering, problem solving and team working
What is there for me in this role?
• Chance to work in an ecosystem where technical and engineering mastery / craftsmanship is cherished
• Excellent opportunity to work and learn with highly energised technical and engineering community;
creating an environment of collaborative learning, sharing and positive challenge.
• Work in highly meritocratic set-up where excellence is suitably enabled, supported and rewarded.
• Ability to work on mission critical, enterprise grade financial services systems which support millions of
• Exposure to work towards our technical strategy which has taken on the challenge of relentless
simplification, cloud onboarding, modern technologies and ways of working/problem solving.
• Organisation offers dedicated career path for hands on technical experts / technocrats which is rooted
on technical/engineering excellence (and not getting compromised by people / team / product
• We give you an excellent opportunity to engineers to speak for their own work, learn / participate in