Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada
As part of Allstate Canada’s technology transformation, we are delighted to open a position as a Principal Platform/DevSecOps Engineer to help support Allstate Canada’s drive towards containerization. This addition, reporting to the DevSecOps manager, will initially work closely with the DevSecOps architect to define the Allstate Canada containerization solution. The successful applicant will work with the DevSecOps team and other stakeholders in the Engineering, Infrastructure and Product areas to ensure a timely rollout of an eloquent and secure containerization solution, adhering to the Allstate Canada standards
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
• Support complex engineering projects of key, critical and futuristic significance
• Work with the DevSecOps Architect to define high availability, scalable, secure Enterprise solutions for our core toolset (Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, SonarQube, Ansible).
• Lead the implementation of the containerization offerings
• Enhance technology quotient by exploring and introducing new technologies and partnering with the leaders in upskilling the team on the new stack
• Lead technology innovations across ACG Engineering operations/acceleration
• Be a technical domain expert for the toolset.
• Contribute to ACG tools strategy and work with peers and colleagues to drive alignment & adoption of containers and DevOps and CI/CD practices among Product teams
• Work in partnership with the Product teams to accelerate IT delivery pipeline
• Provide technical mentoring and coaching support to develop the talents of the existing team
• Train other members of the DevSecOps team to support the containerization toolset
• Continuously optimize delivery through lean practices & automations
• Explores ways to enhance effectiveness of current systems & processes
The ideal person will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Self-motivated, inquisitive and collaborative IT professional with a passion to continually learn.
• Strong background and experience in one or more of the following: DevOps, software development, systems administration, IT automation, architecture.
• Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet challenging schedules.
• Able to work effectively across organizational boundaries with senior technical and managerial leadership.
• Applies effective decision-making techniques to address complex situations
• Works closely with decision makers to identify, recommend/develop, implement cost-effective technology solutions for the group/function
• Liaises with cross teams to execute and deliver the plans in DCIO/ AOR's
• Establishes and nutures working relationship with relevant but not limited to global stakeholders
• Coordinates with stakeholders to deliver high quality deliverables with greater efficiency
Primary Skills :
• 10+ years of Overall IT experience in Software Development or Infrastructure experience
• 2+ years of hands of Kubernetes and Docker Administration and configuration.
• 3+ years supporting CI/CD Tools such as the following: Github, Artifactory, Jenkins, SonarQube, Jira, Confluence, Octopus Deploy, Fortify On Demand.
• 3+ Experience of configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and tools, such as those listed above
• 2+ years of scripting (with languages such as Unix/Shell, Powershell, Groovy or Python)
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible
• Knowledgeable in Windows, Unix/Linux platforms, Networks, Storage and VMs
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Secondary Skills :
• Previous experience defining, installing, and operationalizing a containerized environment will be an added advantage
• DevSecOps Certifications
• Security Cerfitications
• Network Certifications
01:00 PM to 09:30 PM IST