Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993 but still partially owned by Sears, until it became completely an independent company in June 1995.
Responsible for testing the functionality and performance of software applications or systems software. Develops and executes test plans and scripts designed to detect problems in software applications and systems software. Ensures software applications or systems software meets technical and functional requirements. Performs work flow analysis, documents test results and recommends quality improvements. Works with development to resolve software defects and diagnose/improve product configuration for current and future modules.
Participates in the full Systems / Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to design, develop, test, and implement new or updated user-centric systems, software, and applications of broad scope and complexity to meet quality and perfoFrmance goals and comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
1. Scoping and Requirement Gathering - 10%
• Gathers client user requirements to understand functional user stories, define technical requirements and tasks, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement actionable items of broad scope and complexity.
2. Designing, Developing/Coding, and Testing - 45%
• Conducts product scoping, discovery, and framing by researching and analyzing input to understand user story acceptance criteria based on user information needs, system flow, data usage, and work processes, and translating desired features into application design.
• Delivers working software incrementally using the Agile delivery framework and participates in Scrum and other Agile ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives).
• Develops code for complexi modules based on documented high-level architectural design, the provided user requirements, and secure application development practices.
• Codes, tests (e.g. automated unit testing), scripts, and deploys solutions.
• Participates in design and code reviews to provide feedback.
• Evaluates, maintains, and improves the performance of existing software.
3. Release & Change Management, Collaboration, and Product Support - 10%
• Implements new or updated products and applications in collaboration with Quality Assurance (business), technology architects, and other members of the development team.
• Identifies changes to epics and user stories to be raised as change tickets and conducts risk impact assessments, rollback, and implementation planning.
• Participates in continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) activities in collaboration with cross-functional technology teams and business units.
4. Practice Maturation - 25%
• Proactively contributes to the wider community of practice through team knowledge sharing and maintaining abreast of technical and market trends and best practices
• Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to less experienced team members.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• Requires 7+ years of related experience in software development and test engineering.
• Computer Science/programming in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C#/.Net, Python).
• Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application development best practices.
• Agile methodology and best practices.
• Object-oriented design principles (i.e. single responsibility, open-closed, Liskov substitution, interface segregation, and dependency inversion principles (SOLID) principles).
• Secure application development and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) vulnerabilities.
• Change tickets to conduct risk impact assessments, rollback, and implementation planning.
• Common design patterns, their purpose, and when and how they are applied to commonly encountered design problems.
• Back-end development, design, and implementation.
• Writing test plans, technical and non-functional user stories, and tasks, and performing code reviews.
• Incident management best practices to respond to issues and incidents.
• End-to-End project coordination and collaboration.
• Code versioning tools (e.g. GIT).Development tools (e.g. integrated development environments (IDEs).
• Automated testing and monitoring tools (e.g. SonarQube, Junit, Selenium, etc.) and approaches.
• Trouble ticketing tools.
• Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Project coordination, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with attention to detail.
• Very good hands on experience in Web and API testing activity
• Web application automation using Java Selenium or Python Selenium
• API automation using RestAssured/Postman/ReadyAPI
• ETL testing knowledge
• Must have integration testing knowledge
07 to 10 years
SHift B 01:00 PM to 09:30 PM IST