It is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Model Implementation team helps modelers to develop models and onboard them into production. Our activities include perform hands-on coding of production-ready Machine Learning scripts which implement Risk and Finance models, translate models into other programming languages, assist other teams in their coding, and create tools which validate data, and which streamline the implementation process.
The Python/Spark Developer will be a hands-on technical member of the Model Implementation Project and will work closely with the Model Design teams to get each model ready-for-production implementation. The candidate must be a talented python/ spark programmer and a pro-active problem solver. In addition, the candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of model implementation, data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing, application development, and automation. The candidate must have a solid understanding of consumer financial products, data systems and data environments, and processes that are necessary for the implementation of Risk and Finance models.
The Python/Spark Developer will be a member of the teams that designs and develops robust automated solutions in partnership with Model Design teams and other stake-holder groups in Risk and Finance. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and an understanding of data systems and will execute the end-to-end implementation effort.
• Develop, test, and maintain data and analytics needed for risk, finance, marketing and operations models o Process analysis and process improvement,
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Contribute to the group’s knowledge base by finding new and valuable ways to approach problems and projects.
• Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
• Experience manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
• Exposure to Machine Learning techniques.
• Knowledge of the consumer lending lifecycle, including loan origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation
• Degree in computer science or a numerate subject (e.g., engineering, sciences, or mathematics) or bachelor’s degree with 6 years of experience, or master’s degree with 4 years of experience, or a Ph.D. and two years of experience.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience designing and developing in Python / pyspark.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in Hadoop Platform (Hive, HDFS and Spark)
• 3 to 5 years’ experience with Unix shell scripting
• 3 to 5 years’ experience with SQL