Leading Chemical Company
Leading Chemical Company
• Primarily provide strong technical service / trouble shooting support to customers and
distributors in the South Asia Pacific Coatings and inks market
• Build strong relationship with key customers, distributors, and downstream users such as
printers, converters and brand-owners.
• Lead efforts to execute market activation plan of stage gate projects, be able to develop the solution translation package and penetrate to broader market
• Conduct discovery for new market opportunities; stay up to date on market trends and
dynamics including technology development, regulatory and policy change.
• Closely monitoring competitive product & technology to client and timely provide
technical assessment to cross-functional team
• Fast and quality response to customer complaints and work with internal teams (QA,
Product manager, manufacturing technology and analytical technology, etc.) to address
the issue to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Closely partnering with cross-functional team to deliver business results and achieve
• Design experiments, conduct laboratory work, statistically analyze results and document
finding/insight in a timely manner by using notebook, technical reports, and invention
reports, as needed.• Manage joint development projects with customers from inception to conclusion, and act
as interface between customers technical team and client’s application development
• Degree in scientific discipline in a field related to coatings (Paint Technology, Chemical
engineering, Chemistry, Polymer/Materials Science). BS/MS degree or above preferred
• 10-20 years of total experience with a major multinational or regional coatings or inks
manufacturer, or a major raw material supplier with excellent connect with Coatings and
Inks industry in India.
Experience and Skills
• Expertise in coatings or inks formulation with capability to formulate various types of
coatings such as Industrial and Protective, Architectural, Wood Coatings, Automotive or
Ink such as UV / Flexo / Gravure. Knowledge on raw material types and grades used in the
coatings and ink industry is a must.
• Hands on experience in field service and conducting trials at end customers through
formulation and process parameter adjustments. customer experience extends to out of
India will be a plus
• Familiarity and ability to use of statistical variability, DoE, as well as experiment result
• Experience in identifying unmet needs through interactions with customers and end users
• Proven ability to create networks of experts at industrial, academic, and government labs
to leverage external knowledge and develop collaborative programs with key customers
• Commercial aptitude
• Good communication/presentation skills, with the capability of conducting technical
discussion in both local language and English. Computer software skill required.
• Ability to manage and prioritize several projects based on organizational goals and focus
• Strong initiative and self-motivated attitude and result orientated mindset
• Project/organization leadership will be a plus