The organization is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. The organization strives to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
The organization is looking for a Cloud Application Developer, who will report to the organization’s Head of Cloud Engineering. The role requires previous experience designing, deploying, and supporting large scale infrastructures on AWS. Prior experience in highly regulated industries with robust security requirements is a must.
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master’s Degree desired.
• 8+ years of an application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience
• Agile software development expertise
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment for large regulated businesses.
• Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring and supporting Java and Python applications
• Understanding of packaging for python
• Understanding of web technologies (e.g. load balancers, http, ssl)
• Understanding and Experience leveraging GIT as source code control and part of a deployment pipeline
• Hands on programing skills in Python
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Experience with seamless/automated build pipelines used for release management across all environments.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experience with configuration management tools preferably Ansible