The organisation offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations.
About Expert Engineer
Expert engineer is a seasoned technology expert who is highly skilled in programming, engineering and problem-solving skills. They can deliver value to business faster and with superlative quality. Their code and designs meet business, technical, non-functional and operational requirements most of the times without defects and incidents.
So, if relentless focus and drive towards technical and engineering excellence along with adding value to business excites you, this is absolutely a role for you. If doing technical discussions and whiteboarding with peers excites you and doing pair programming and code reviews adds fuel to your tank, come we are looking for you.
The role involves working on multiple projects/enhancements/bug fixes/ for the application involving strong Python programming, integration with Oracle DB interfaces, Bulk data distribution/consumption through data services in Python, along with some exposure to PL/SQL on Oracle database platform. The candidate should have core skills of Python programming, exposure to various libraries like Pandas, numpy. In addition, hands-on experience with Devops and Cloud technologies would be a plus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for estimates, design, specifications driven by business needs, development & support of the application. This would also involve intensive interaction with the business and other systems groups, so good communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are absolute must.
The candidate is expected to display professional ethics in his/her approach to work and exhibit a high level ownership within a demanding working environment.
What is expected from you?
• You have excellent software designing, programming, engineering and problem-solving skills
• You are expert in providing key technical solutions for development of business-critical applications (Principal technologies / applications used include Python programming with basic knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL).
• Conduct data analysis, distribution/ingestion frameworks and fine tuned Data APIs for various data patterns as per- Velocity, Variety & Volume.
• You have experience & expertise of developing cloud native applications using serverless and/or containerised applications
• Ability, willingness & openness to experiment / evaluate / adopt with new technologies
• Passion for technology, engineering, problem solving and team working.
• Scope of responsibility also covers the code reviews, suggesting innovative ideas for project improvement, adapting to new tools and processes.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless client service.
• Raising the productivity and quality of development teams by promoting agile practices and sharing skills through mentoring and/or pairing.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
What is there for me in this role?
• Chance to work in an ecosystem where technical and engineering mastery / craftsmanship is cherished and supported.
• Excellent opportunity to work and learn with highly energised technical and engineering community; creating an environment of collaborative learning, sharing and positive challenge.
• Work in highly meritocratic set-up where excellence is suitably enabled, supported and rewarded.
• Ability to work on mission critical, enterprise grade financial services systems which support millions of customers.
• Exposure to work towards our technical strategy which has taken on the challenge of relentless simplification, cloud onboarding, modern technologies and ways of working/problem solving.
• Organisation offers dedicated career path for hands on technical experts / technocrats which is rooted on technical/engineering excellence (and not getting compromised by people / team / product management constructs).
• We give you an excellent opportunity to engineers to speak for their own work, learn / participate in external/internal forums.
Experience and Qualifications
• 6 - 9 years of experience in Python.
• Experience in Python OO application development
• Experience with the following libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy/cvxpy
• Strong Experience of using Flask for API development
• Strong experience with REST API and Microservice architecture and Layer 7
• Strong experience with python unit test framework and TDD
• Cloud adoption and strong experience of working with python on PaaS
• Experience of working Python with different databases
• Python packaging and deployment
• Basic understanding of PL/SQL and SQL-Loader
• Experience with various testing frameworks (Unittest, nose, pytest)
• Experience working with different caching solutions like Redis, GEMFire etc.
• Experience using any of core programming languages - C++, Java, C#
• Experience with a continuous integration and build automation practices on any tool like Bamboo, Teamcity, Jenkins etc