It offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
• Provide all-round research support to FIL equity analysts on the TMT sector e.g., Tech Hardware, Software & IT Services, Telecom, Communication Svcs (incl Internet) etc. including on initiations and on-going coverage
• Build detailed financial models with the ability to build business drivers, incorporating M&A transactions and valuation analysis
• Carry out studies on sector trends, regulatory changes & emerging themes. Company analysis, including deep dive on key stock drivers, devil’s advocate analysis, etc.
• Provide need-based analysis on unassigned stocks including screens to monitor & flag potential stock ideas
• Provide quality data and analysis on ESG
• Keep abreast of trends and developments in the resources sector across geographies
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and within the team
• Make regular presentations to the team on relevant topics/areas of expertise
Experience and Qualifications Required
Experience and Key Skills
• 3-6 years’ work experience in Investment Research, preferably from international equities perspective
• Good understanding of capital markets with excellent financial skills. A solid understanding of financial statements, ratios and valuation concepts. Prior experience with Asia/Europe/US/Global equities (TMT Sector - e.g., Tech Hardware, Software & IT Services, Internet names etc) is strongly preferred
• Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
• In-depth knowledge of the Natural Resources sector – key drivers, dynamics, trends, emerging themes, and indicators
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy; Diligence and hard work
• Database skills - Bloomberg, Refinitiv, FactSet, CEIC and other financial databases
• Excellent relationship management and strong communication and presentation skills
• MBA from a prominent institute or CA or CFA or Master’s in finance