This role is for a Technical Consultant who can understand and solves complex functional, technical and architectural issues around data integration and has the ability to understand the implications associated with the chosen technical strategy well aligned with the business context. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with all levels of the business and technical community, seeking approval from all stakeholders of the projects.
The candidate should be expert in J2EE technology as well as in Application architecture & design, while demonstrating a keenness to master, suggest and work with different technologies & toolsets. The candidate is also expected to be hands-on on coding, so as to be effective reviewer as well to develop complex scenarios. The role would also involve intensive interaction with the business and other systems groups, so good communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are absolute must.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• 10-14 years of overall IT experience.
• Seasoned IT software delivery professional with an experience of 12+ years of hands on development and application architecture.
• The candidate will be expected to create, sell, and drive Architectural vision for the organisation to ensure the organization is headed towards a technically efficient, simplified and capable landscape.
• The candidate should be able to define the technology roadmap for the org/function.
• Should be able to define the right set of tools to be used across delivery lifecycle.
• The candidate will be expected to envision design for complex functional and technical problems while incrementally evolving the implementation in simple progressive steps of deliveries.
• Expert at following technology sets -
o Java and JEE platform on one or more containers like Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss etc.
o Experienced with different forms of architectures like SOA, Microservices, EDA ….
o Responsive Web applications, Web Services and batch applications development
o Application development tools and frameworks like maven, ant, check style, PMD, fortify, junit, fitnesse, SONAR, SOAP UI, REST Assured/Fitneese etc.
o Hands on with Java/J2EE design patterns.
o Hands on with Enterprise Integration Patterns
o Experience with Cloud architectures ( AWS, Azure)
• Experience with agile / continuous delivery paradigms of software development and with extreme programming (XP) techniques is key.
• Experience with designing security for applications - authentication and authorization, method level security.
• Expert at putting in continuous integration and build/release automation practices. Experience on atleast one build server like Bamboo, Teamcity, Jenkins etc …
• Experience with performance engineering and application performance tuning
• Experience with advanced troubleshooting and performance tuning methods for Java / web based ecosystems like container tuning, memory/thread analysis, SQL tuning etc …
• AWS experience
• Experience of working in Big Data Technology stack and Advanced Analysis
• Exposure and sound knowledge of Financial Services domain – Mutual Funds and Fund Accounting would be definitive plus
• Good analysis skills – to be able to join the dots across multiple applications and interfaces between them
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, flexible, responsible, and a penchant for quality
• Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to prioritise own activities, work under hard deadlines.