POSITION SUMMARY – Project Leader – Commercial Excellence Center of Expertise (CoE)
Leads a team of COE Associates and Analysts to produce client-ready products and analysis, generating strong business insights and understanding implications
• Works under the guidance of the COE Manager, playing a key role in driving the team’s overall answer, final materials, client communication, work planning, and team management
• Brings to the table various cutting edge technologies and best practices involving advanced analytics and ETL of large data in a productized delivery model, and data visualizations on platforms such as Tableau
• Oversees a team that conducts data analysis, codifies companies intellectual property and contributes to new intellectual property
• Works with case teams across geographies and industries; however, they focus almost exclusively on Commercial Excellence related projects
• High performing individuals may have the opportunity to travel abroad to work directly with case teams
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide thought leadership and sound business judgment to drive the team’s data analysis on Commercial Excellence cases across geographies
• Brainstorming with the Manager on various aspects for IP development and case work which ranges across scope definition, data cleaning, explorations, data modeling, implimenting algorithms ranging from regression models to Random forest, drive data driven insights etc.
• Conducting data operations and statistical analysis across these languages: R, Python
• Hands on knowledge of visulaization tools such as Tableau – able to build new codes as well as edit/ update and debug existing codes
• Able to very quickly come up to speed on different businesses and perform research and data analysis across all geographies
• Take responsibility for assigning work streams; monitor and balance workloads
• Identify and employ relevant research sources and analytical tools
• Ensure timely, high quality, error-free research, analysis and output produced by the analysts
• Drive conversations through analytics, including, but not limited to - Building dashboards - Driving insights through data analysis – Story-lining the deliverable to prove/disprove hypotheses.
• Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations
• Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions
• Communicate data and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team
• Effectively communicate with case teams from any global office, global Practice Area affiliates and third party analytics vendors
• Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognize team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
• Provide coaching and mentoring to COE Analysts and Associates
• Participate in annual COE/BCN resource planning and development
• Assist on Office Management roles (e.g. recruiting, marketing, training, etc.)
Candidates should be graduates/post-graduates / MBA from top-tier colleges with strong academic record and 5+ years of hands-on industry experience in market research, data analytics or consulting with marketing analytics exposure.
Candidates should possess excellent analytical, work planning, communication and team skills. Prior experience with data analytics, project management, team management, coaching and mentoring is important. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in SPSS, R, Python, Tableau or Alteryx will be preferred.