Purpose of your role
As a Quality Assurance Tester you will play a key role on a global programme working with senior Business leaders, Product Owners and the wider technology teams within Organization to deliver a new technology platform to support Organization wealth management aspirations.
Working in an agile environment you will be responsible for the end to end quality assurance across the programme. As part of this role, there will be a significant focus on the implementation of consistent testing techniques, solutions and framework to test the entire product as part of continuous delivery.
Working alongside the business proposition team and as part of the delivery team you will need to utilise your experience of working in agile delivery teams to assist with the design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end technology solution to service a scaling global Wealth Management business.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, behaviour driven development (BDD), DevOps toolchains and cloud architecture’s. You will have experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban, and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
You must have a passion for delivering high quality and scalable solutions with a continued focus on the customer need. You should be both willing to challenge and to be challenged on where things can be improved and are comfortable working alongside other engineers in a ‘pair programming’ environment.
You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders, support the formation of a new team and commence delivery of a largely greenfield solution. A willingness to take on new challenges, collaborate and share knowledge freely with the global team is also critical to success.
This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical automation background and influencing skills, who can help in evolving the confidence level in working software as desired and assist evolution of continuous delivery of the product.
• Continuous testing to add confidence to the product.
• Strengthening regression test pack which is fully automated in the build pipelines.
• Add post deployment / higher environment test cases for smoke and device compatibility checks.
• Work closely with product team and dev’s in early phases of story writing and influence as required.
• Closely monitor build status and assist in root cause analysis when relevant.
• Build knowledge around AWS cloud to understand underlying components and increasing the level of example scenarios for testing based on that.